.
.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Cold times



It's getting cooler.

Here, in this corner of the world, we have just a bit of cold. Yes, it's Europe and we have Winters but quite mild - if my mother would read this now would say the opposite as she is always complaining about the cold.

Oh, well, looks like we will have a little cold here tomorrow, a true cold weather with 0ºC, so they say at the Met Office. I'm happy. I can't stand the heat so I feel at home when it's really cold.

Wrapped in a scarf and with gloves on I will venture going out because I work outside, no matter if it's cold or hot. I mean, outside my home, not in the fields.

I'm dreaming of a white...No, not Christmas because it's January but I keep hopping for some snow. Last time it snowed it was years ago and the television stopped what it was broadcasting to announce to the world that it was snowing.

It's good that in my house we are used to soups and stews, the right food for this kind of weather. And hot chocolate too, that I can't go without it and to be in my sofa with several layers of nice throws.

Ah, the pleasures of Winter ! I wonder why most people prefer the heat ! Pity that cold weather will be at the middle of the week and not on Saturday or Sunday when I can seat for a long time watching a movie or reading.

Well, never mind, let it come, it will be very welcome.

No comments: