.
.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

At last!


I know, but it's better late then never. Here they are my holidays pictures.

Do you know where this street is leading to? Our hearts are already burning with anticipation.
Here!
The hapiness that we feel here. The first step is to go through a scanner as in the airports, then we must get between two guards because lots of turists forget they are in a sacred space and dress almost to naked. I saw some people sent away. Not the muslim women because they are always properly dressed.



Going to the Basilica we can see these handsome men.


Inside.
We feel so little. First time I went to the Vatican, my girl that is now 11 was a little girl on my husband's shoulders. The moment we went in, she couldn't help say: Wow! Yes, that what we feel.


It's everything so grand.


Here we only can enter to go to Mass.


It's a special place, even for turists.
Looks like our hearts will burst with that light.



Such a blessed place.


For some days, I will post some pictures of the Vatican and Rome.
----------
Here is the Piazza Navona.

Piazza Navona

Piazza Navona

More tomorrow.

3 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I never, NEVER, get tired of looking at pictures of Rome and particularly of Vatican City. Wondrous place.

Lara said...

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. I was there last February and loved it though we had more rain than sun!

Jennyff said...

Your photos were well worth waiting for, beautiful buildings and an equally beautiful blue sky.