.
.

Friday, November 25, 2022

These blessed days before Christmas

It has been raining and raining. Not that I mind or complain, after the draught this rain is a blessing, it's just that a homemaker really needs some days of sun, or at least, that it doesn't rain so she may dry some clothes in the wind.


I do like the nice smell of dried clothes, if they are mine they smell like lavendar, the others have other nice smells. My children relate lavender with all things mine and they like to have their own scents. And I must say I don't like lavender scent on the kitchen laundry, I prefer to have it on my own things or the bathroom laundry.


Anyway, it has been quite a real Autumn with all this rain, wind, fog and it has been rather cold, at least as cold as it can be in this corner of Europe.

The days go by and I give thanks to Our Lord every day for all those blessings He gives to us. Even in the more difficult days we feel, so clearly, His Hand on us, guiding us, protecting us and helping us in each step of the way. Thanks be to God in His Saints and in His Angels and, above all, in His Holy Mother.


The First Thankgiving - September 8, 1565 - https://myfloridahistory.org/frontiers/article/140 

I'm not American but I do like Thanksgiving, even if we don't celebrate it, but I like it because one upon a time my husband, still not even my fiancé, organized a lunch with several people just to invite me. Well, one year later we were already married and I don't regret it at all.


After Thanksgiving it comes black friday which, even if I don't like the name of it, I like the reduced things we can find on that day.

And about Christmas, I must say that I'm singing Rudolph since October so I am in Christmas mood for a long time.

 



I've been buying and wrapping presents for a whole month now.


One of this days I will post about it as I like to do it every year.


From last year

Bye for now, see you tomorrow, maybe.

No comments: