.
.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving


Image result for bountiful norman rockwell


Once upon a time my husband, who was not yet my husband, and who had been in the US years before to take his Master degree and had been living after it in Europe, organized a Thanksgiving lunch for me.
We were just aquainted not even really friends, but as he has a serious interest in me, he thought that lunch would be a good way to make us closer.
It did. The lunch had several people and I thought I was only one more, I hardly knew then that it was made for me.
I must say that it was a good idea and things went very well after that, in such a way that one year later, on Thanksgiving Day, we were already married.
That's why I like Thanksgiving, even if I'm not american.

...

I keep posting the above painting of Norman Rockwell on each Thanksgiving because I do like it. More than the perfect American Dream is the Family Christian Dream as it's so beautiful to see the family around the table,  everybody happy, everything nice and tidy. Quite perfect.

...


Related image

This one is so beautiful too, isn't it ?

Happy ThanksGiving to all !

--



And now talking about the real First Thanksgiving, you may read about it here.


Linking at Share your Style - 21 Rosemary Lane

No comments: