.
.

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Christmas food



Every part of the earth has it's own food for Christmas and even in each country there are differences depending on each home.
Well, in my family, as in all families in this corner of the world, on the Christmas Eve dinner, we eat cod with boiled potatoes and "grelos".




Some people prefer cabbage. We always must have cabbage soup that we call Caldo Verde. This it's a must have.



In some parts of the North of the country people also eat  octopus rice. Oh, that is good too. Sometimes I make it for lunch. Maybe this year I will have it for diner. Uhm, good idea.



For Christmas lunch many people have turkey but it's not mandatory, not like the cod for Christmas Eve dinner, together with the Caldo Verde.

And desserts...

I haven't any pictures of past Christmas Eve dinners, I wonder why.
This year I will be more careful about dinner pictures.

..

All the pictures, except the first one, were found searching the internet, they are not mine and I found them after looking for some free photos.
--

Partying at:
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

No comments: