.
.

Monday, November 8, 2021

It's Christmas time !


I have longing for writing a post about Christmas. Each year, as Summer ends, when I think of Christmas, I don't allow myself to develop much, only on the 27 or 28 of October I go in Christmas mode. 

So, this year, it was not even midday of the 27, I decided that the season was open and began singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, first in my mind, as I was at work, but then when I arrived at home, I began singing at the top of my lungs.

It was Christmas in my soul!

And since then I have been thinking about it and planning and dreaming. Things that I will buy for my children and others, things I will buy for me and for the home, which improvements I will do in the house, which wrapping papers I still have and which ones I will buy. And strings and bows. 

And what about the food, what will I make ?


Will it be very cold in  the Christmas day or warmer ? Will it rain ?

And my mind flies, happy, dreaming of all those nice things.

I must clarify that, in this corner of the world, we haven't Thanksgiving and Halloween is a foreigner idea which has nothing to do with our culture, even if the shops explore the idea to their own profit, with lots of people embarking in celebration of witches day.

Anyway, from the middle of the Autumn I begin living the pre-Christmas days. And what joy that is.

I will keep posting about that happiness till we arrive at the day.

No comments: