.
.

Monday, October 23, 2023

Some of my favourite things - I

Shutterstock

I must say, I don't like a lot of things, as everybody knows. Very high ceilings, rooms with no doors, all the house with a big, large warehouse look where all the rooms get together, industrial style, too much grey in decoration, lack of privacy in the kitchen assuming that it's a public place and every guest and friend goes there and stays.

Antique furniture spoiled by corse paint. Old shutters outside windows, making pannels inside homes, as inside decoration. Ladders as towel rails. 

Oh I could carry on.

I don't like most house find and transformation tv shows where, in the end, I think the house is worse than before they began but everybody applauds and even sheds some tears.

Too much people. Wine - well, a little sip of Port or Madeira wine it's ok. Coffee. Extroverts. Political correctness (this I abhorre). Going with the flow, following trends, in clothes and in homes. Or ideas.

Summer with its hot weather and people trying to look their worst showing too much body. Beaches with women showing their bare bottoms - I wonder why they think the others are interested in their backside. But on this, anyway, let them be grotestque, I don't go to the beach anyway.

As I don't intent to please and I show myself as an intolerant woman who dislikes most things that almost everybody likes, if somebody is reading this, now he (she) is wondering if there is something in this world of God that I like. Yes! I do like a lot of things, it's just that I don't follow any trend and I always row against the tide, not because I like to do it, but because I dare, I have the nerve to be different from the madding crowd.

So, now I will show some things I like. Yes, there are a lot of things that I like. - I can't post now about everything I like but I intend to show, slowly, what I like on the course of several posts - not in a row.

Here I go.

Photo by The New York Botanical Garden - Houzz

Flowers, roses and others. Plants that are not succulents - yes, succulents are another thing that I don't like. Lavender.This I like so much.

Ferns.

Photo by Linda L. Floyd, Inc., Interior Design - Houzz

Traditional looking homes. Cottage style, the real one, in the kitchen, with a mix of farmhouse and shaby chic. Or craftsman for kitchens and all the house.

Shaker style pannels on the cupboards. Subway tiles as splachers.





The sink must be overmounted, I don't like undermounted.

The colour white if it must, or cream, that I reeealy like, 


and wood tones, but the ones who give a sturdy look, not the soft wood ones.


Green, that I accept.
https://www.houzz.com/

Traditional and Victorian style in the bedroom.

In the Livingroom:


And to finish, just look to this amazing house.
It's how I like things.

Credits under the pictures.

No comments: