.
.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A day in Florence

Florence

Enough of bad things. Let's forget the republic day.
I know it's October but I was thinking about our holidays in July and the day my husband was 50. We were in Rome and went to Florence because it was his birthday.

Florence

It was such a wonderful day.
After the presents and kisses in the morning, we went to the station and took a fast train, the Frecciarossa to Florence, Firenze, how it's called in Italy.
It's a wow city, each corner of it. I knew it was like that but I didn't know how much wow it was. The girls were crazy with it.

Florence

Florence

The girls with long hair are my little ones.

Florence

Florence

After all the walking and our jaws aching because of so much wow, we went to have lunch. He choose the restaurant and very well chosen it was.


Such a pleasant lunch.

Florence

He and I had Aspargus Risotto and the girls had spagetti and pizza. Here it's him enjoying his food.

Florence

The arm and a blue and white dress is my big girl. I think the other hand is my girl nº2 - or it's maybe mine.

Florence

And what about the italian ice cream, like no other in the world?!

Florence Ice Cream

Some fruit.

Florence

And other food.

Florence


We went back to Rome in the very end of the day exausted but so happy. Happily we went in the Frecciarossa again.
Thanks God my husband doesn't tire easily because, arriving home we had the most wonderful dinner.
What a day!

3 comments:

Jennyff said...

A fantastic day, wonderful sights, wonderful food, your husband must have had the best birthday ever.

Lara said...

What a great way to celebrate your husband's 50th birthday. My husband will be 50 next year, so I must think about a special way to celebrate it.
Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. I love Florence. I've been there some 4 years ago and I loved it.

Alexandra said...

Take me next time! ;) Thanks for sharing your pictures. I have always wanted to visit Italy, and Florence has all that beautiful art and architecture.