.
.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Being more Mary than Martha



I've been so away of this blog because I've been very active in my This Burning Fire blog, all happy with my fellow catholic warriors.
Christmas is coming and I have still so many things to do and to think about. I've been so emerged on the life of the Church, with so many things happening, like the amount of Anglicans crossing the Tiber and the Consistory tomorrow, I can't take my eyes from the Internet to know more things.
Ah!It's a good time to be a Catholic, with this Pope.
Now, I promised myself that tomorrow I will try hard to put my feet on the floor and be a good homemaker.
We need to be Martha as well, not just Mary. I feel Our Lord could say to me now " Mary, Mary..."and not "Martha, Martha" because I easily forget to be Martha and my home is showing the signs of it. Our Lord wants us to be good homemakers, taking His mother as an example.
See you tomorrow for a report on my behaviour.

I found this picture at http://deusbibliaepoesia.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Irene said...

I know the feeling all too well. Struggling to become a Mary in my 30s, now trying to remember to be a Martha, too! I am inclined to believe we cannot be both at the same time. There are days when I cook and freeze stuff, days I do the laundry and pick stuff off the floor. And days i want to read and pray and watch the clouds. It has to do more about our needs as we grow and develop. And that is good, because we can serve better our families when we are content and satisfier spiritually.

I also believe that we are entering a phase in History when we shall have to claim our rights in our Faith. And God wants us to be alert both in believing and in doing, and it is a challenge that we have to take.

Wishing you God's joy in your hand and your hands.

Your sister in Christ,
Irene