.
.

Monday, December 29, 2008

A year in review

Cindy, at My Romantic Home , is hosting 2008 A Year in Review.
If you want to participate go there.
As for me, here is my year.

January



We were in England still, so I came back with lots of pictures.
Here, we can't see the little one because she is in front, on the push chair.



I miss it so much.

February
My blog Mrs L. had some problems and I had to begin another one: Alfazema.



March
We had such a wonderful Easter Day.

Easter lunch

Easter time.

April



My 8yo First Communion.



The rose she gave to Our Lady.

May
Mother's day present

My 8yo made it at school to give me as a present.

June

Two dozen red roses

Two dozen red roses. My husbad gave me. Just because he wanted.

July

Dreaming about this

Dreaming about last year's holidays and waiting fo this year's. It was summer, it was hot and I was fed up of beibg working outside my home. I wanted to leave, to forget for some days. I wanted to go on holiday.

August
On holiday at last.

Braga

Vigo by night

Bom Jesus de Braga

September


Reflection on a lake

Autumn.

October



Our wedding aniversary. See the beautiful silver frame my husband gave me - and it was not our silver aniversary, we are married "only" for 20 years. It's quite big, even if in the picture it doesn't show.



A month full of birthdays: my nephew, my (now)14yo girl, me and my uncle.
My other girls birthdays are on January, April and June.

November

Thankgiving time. Very important to me because some 21 year ago my husband made a lunch for me, because he wanted me and I didn't knew him enough. So he made a lunch, invited a lot of people just so he could invit me also.


November is also the month when the first chestnut come to the shops. I like it so much.

December
Christmas time.

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Those are beautiful photos! I really want to visit Europe someday! Thank you so much for joining in on my Year in Review party

Maison Douce said...

Quando vi o nome Alfazema no site da Cindy, o meu coracao palpitou!! Uma portuguesa! Lindas fotos, e principalmente das castanhas, que adoro (aqui e dificil encontrar e nao sao muito boas...)! Espero que tenha um bom ano!!
Isabel

Melissa Lester said...

I'm dreaming of England now, which is tops on my list of places I long to visit. It looks like you had a wonderful year!

desiree said...

Lovely photos. Happy new year.

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

what gorgeous photos!! and a great way to do it too! I love the idea of month to month! how wonderful a year!

Thanks so much for visiting too! and for your sweet comments!

Happy New Year! ~ Cynthia ~

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a wonderful year!
Happy New Year!

Missy Wertz said...

Lovely post with beautiful photos. Happy New Year!

Elaine said...

Lovely photos of your year.

Have a wondeful New Year!

akawest said...

Your photos are lovely. I like the story of how your husband invited you to lunch. He sounds like such a romantic man.

Happy New year.

Irene said...

What a lovely recap of you year! Wishing you a happy, prosperous and blessed with God's presence 2009.

Sandy said...

Wonderful photos! The communion one is very touching and so sweet. Thank you for sharing them.

Preston said...

Great photos. It looks like you really did have a wondeful 2008. I've never been to Europe myself but same day I hope to. I hope you have a great 2009.

Miss Gracie's House said...

What a lovely review!
Happy New Year!
Rene'