.
.

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Are we there yet?

Days till Christmas

I know. I know that I said that Christmas would only begin after all of October's several birthdays. 

I thought on posting only then, on the right upper side of the blog, the usual Christmas counter. But why would I wait till then to start counting the days? 

I'm not saying shopping for presents, which I began already in September (why not ?), preparing the wrapping papers and bows and all things Christamas. I mean, I am not yet Chrystmassying in full swing, it's just that why not post already a counter on my blog? What's wrong with that?

I know that a lot of people prefer to spend first the dreaded halloween and then the blessed Thanksgiving, which I think it's a nice thing, and then to turn their attention to Christmas. But I know also that there are more people like me who is already fidgiting about Christmas.

So... As I said before, I will not get in full swing about Christmas yet, that is for sure, but I will not feel bad for doing already some little things.

And those aforementioned little things are: having some presents bought already, strolling by the internet looking for some more things I will buy as more presents (big family, you know, and an immense pleasure of buying things for my girls), dreaming about wrapping papers and daring to sing Rudolph, even if, for now, only inside my mind. I don't dare to begin singing on top of my lungs yet.

And...posting the Christmas counter on the right side of my blog !!

I can't resist it. How can I know how many days till then if I don't post it now?

So, let's begin. Not yet Christmassying all day long, just counting the days.

Are we there yet?


I realized that last year my first post about Christmas was on the 7 of November, so this year I began earlier. It was called: Too early?

That because Thanksgiving was not over then, but this year I did it in October before all the other feasts. 

No comments: