.
.

Friday, September 11, 2015

On being a busy Mom



I was thinking how my life now is so much more easier than some years ago.
Yes, I had the pleasure of having everybody at home and the delight of having small children but the exhaustion I had in that time ... It amazes me how I could cope but I think mothers are super women. Yes, they are.

In the year 2010 I wrote a post here that was triggered by an article I read about busy moms.
The author was complaining how she woudl go to bed always late and had not pacience to her husband after a whole day of work - at home.

So I discribed how was a day in my life with children of different ages. Even so I would never go to bed late.

Here is the article:  Too Busy for Family? 

and here is what I wrote than in my post in this blog.


I wake up at 6 am. I wash and dress and then I wake up my big girl. Then I empty the wahing machine (the dishes washing machine, not the clothes) and iron two shirts or any similar amount of clothes while I wait that my girl is ready. When she is I take her by car to the station so she can take the train to the universty. She does that everyday and everybody in the several universities here do the same. I take her by car because I don’t want she goes on foot alone in the dark at that early hour in an empty street to take the bus to the station. We live in a very good and safe place but even so, we never know.

I come back home. Wake up the other 3 girls. While they wash,dress and have breakfast, I prepare their mid morning and mid afternoon snacks – lunch is made by the school.

We enter the car and after droping each one in each school and taking my husband to his work, I go to work and there I stay till the end of the afternoon, some times till the evening.

Because the two middle girls haven’t the same class time everyday, some days they don’t go in the morning so, because I must have a compulsive hour rest around 1 pm, I run home and take them to their respective school.

When it’s only the nº2 that needs a lift, being a tenager, I let her go by bus.
Usualy, she cames back home by bus and so does the older one – in the end of the day. It’s very safe at that hour with lots of cars and people of several ages going around. Meanwhile I went to pick girl nº3 and 4.

If there is a day that the big ones come home ealier, they pick the little one.

Twice a week, after ending my work day – outside working day, I mean – and after picking the younger ones, and taking my husband from his work and taking him home, I go to my mother to stay a bit with her and, on the way, to do some shopping.

Arriving home, exauted, I put the shopping in places – sometimes the big ones help me, if they arrived already, and I put the laundry to wash. Later on I need to put the clothes on the line and on the day after take it out of the line, fold and put away - in the morning or in the afternoon, depending on the season and weather.

All the other chores? Hoovering, dusting, washing the floors, cleaning, etc. ? I find some little spaces between arriving home and going out again in the next morning. Most things are made on Saturday. Some little things on Sunday, not much, because it’s the Lord’s Day. We go to Mass.

Meals? My husband makes them to ease my load.

I never go to bed late, otherwise I would be crazy.

Now you are asking: why this woman works outside her home? Why doesn’t she stays at home as she should ? For the money, quite a nice income to a big family.

But I dream about staying at home. One day, God willing, I will be a stay at home woman!

-

It was the year 2010.

Now I have two grown up girls who already work. I have a little girl who even if she is eleven for me she is always my little girl and another who is sixteen.
Life is so much easier now.

Image from http://www.millan.net/

No comments: