.
.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Feijoada



Beans stew, for a cold and rainy day.

Just put to boil the beans you prefer.
Add all kind of sausages. We use some made with pork meat.


Add bacon.
Cut a savoy cabbage in four parts and put in the pan together with the other things.
The same with carrots, tomatoes, onions, garlic and parseley.
Season with salt and all the spices you like.

In other pan we boil a farinheira - sausages made with wheat flour, pork fat and spice - and morcela - a blood sausage, I don't like it but my husband does. It must be boiled apart because sometimes it explodes and if it's cooked with the other things is all mixed and is not so good.

All this sausages are smoked and tipicaly portuguese but maybe you can do it with other kind, just have to be the smocked kind.
Good for a Winter day.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I'm really enjoying your recipes! I'd like to learn how to cook Portuguese foods, so this is interesting. I used to eat some Portuguese meals as as a small child...Portuguese was my first language, but I don't remember a lot of it. I was only a preschooler when we lived in Brazil.

Anonymous said...

Comida que se pega al riñón.....