.
.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Day in My Life


Today is quite shiny.
Yesterday it rained quite a lot. My washing was all wet but today is drying.
As I woke up, I took from the washing machine more clothes to put on the line believing in the promess of a day full of sun. And it is. Sunny as it can be. And cold. Not the cold people are having in USA or even in UK, a more southern cold that makes shiver and wear gloves and carves.



Because of the dark days we had, my husband went to pick up some mimosas to bring some colour and “sun” inside the house.



Look at them, aren’t they nice?


Oh no, as I’m writing this the sun is going out again. Not that I don’t like a grey and rainy day, it’s just we are needing some sun.
That’s ok. It’s already afternoon and some more hours and we will have everybody at home, as the children come back from school.
But before I must go and do some shopping.



Today cooking won’t be a big deal because we will have yesterdays leftovers: lasagna, made by my husband.



The children like it so much that my husband always makes a lot.
And I like it too.

For A Day in My Life at Little Jenny Wren .



10 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

That lasagna looks good! Enjoyed the pretty blossoms. Hope your day is great. It's very cold here and about to snow. But it's January and that's the weather for January! Enjoy!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

great pictures...I enjoyed seeing a day in your life!

Alexandra said...

Those are beautoful. I love yellow in the winter. Your baby needs some clothes! ;) He looks cold.

Mélia said...

I haven't seem "mimosas" since I left Portugal forty two years ago.

I actually cried when I saw your pictures.

Mimosa is my favorite flower in the world.

P. said...

Mélia
if the sun comes back, I'll try to take some pictures of mimosas outside so you can see them. I'm afraid the rain will then have taken all the flowers down. It's raining so much.

Alfazema

Lara said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved the flowers and the lasagna looks so delicious.

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Oh how beautiful the flowers look! and that Vintage picture is so so sweet! I love it!

That lasagna looks AMAZING too! now I'm hungry :)

Thank you so much for your kind words too! You are so so sweet!

Hope you enjoy a wonderfully sunny week! Hugs, Cynthia

Marytoo said...

I love that grey, rainy weather!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your day. The lasagne looks delicious!

Cathy said...

Hello there
Thanks for sharing your day - if you don't want all that rain you could send some down here lol
That beautiful and lovely plant mimosa is called Wattle down here - grows all over the country and is referred to as our national flower
Take care
Cathy